Friday, August 30, 2013

You are My Sunshine

I've often heard of finding joy in the little things, or humor in the little things. After having children I've decided that "little things" actually means "little ones". We've all had days when it feels like our children are out to get us.

There have been plenty of times when Abigail was having a rough day, Shelby wanted to be held all the time and Bronco would do everything he KNEW wasn't allowed. I recall one day specifically he kept climbing on the table, trying  to get on the counter, sneaking into the fridge. It was endless.

I asked him as I was cleaning up a mess...

"You're out to get mommy huh?"
He replied, ever so hilariously...

"Yes! I'm gonna getcha!" And proceeded to attempt a tickle fight.

He thought I was laughing because he was tickling me. I was actually laughing, quite hard, at his answer. I know that my children can push my buttons, I have rough days but they are out to get me. They're trying to get me to play with them, to laugh with with, they're trying  to get me to know they love me.

I knew motherhood would be challenging at times, fun, tiresome, rewarding, but I never pictured it being hilarious.

Abigail is an expert drummer. She knows how to make music drumming away on the couch, walls, floor, TV an especially Dad's belly. She can go from having a total meltdown into a manic laughing episode without anyone near. That always sends the whole family into giggles.

Bronco's humor is off the charts. Just yesterday he was telling me he had two hearts. I turned around to see my toddler holding my bra up to his chest, patting the cups and saying "My hearts go bump, bump, bump" and "My hearts are blue and pretty!".

He constantly puts himself in time out when we ask him to eat his dinner, clean up his messes etc. We'll call out for him, "Bronco! Come eat your supper!"

He marches down the hall, into the kitchen and sits on the time out mat. Once he's folded his arms and crossed his legs he retorts "I can't, I'm in time out".

Shelby is a great "mommy" to her dolly. She's expert at putting it to bed, dressing it and giving it loves.

Today she was giving her baby "medicine". Apparently the baby spit  out the medicine. Shelby sighed heavily, said "Oh no, Baby", pretended to get more medicine (using  a toy syringe) and successfully completed round 2. She clapped and said yay for her little dolly and then fed her a bottle...a REAL bottle that I had to scrub off the doll and her clothing.


Yesterday, I had made two burritos...( YES 2...SUE ME). I had them on a plate, one of them already bitten into. I went for a glass of water, looked back at my plate and they were GONE. I checked the floor thinking they fell. Then my 15 month old came waltzing over, with this look that said "Whatcha lose this time?" In one hand was a full burrito, in the other (half of it in her mouth) was the 2nd burrito.

I walked towards her, and in a classic Shelby fashion, she ran and dived into all the couch pillows with a yelp. I let her keep the one she slobbered all over and we ate them together.

These are just a few of the little things of recent. I can't get over how darling my children are (especially when they're sleeping)! Between all the hundreds of moments that make up my many days with my babes, there are a million more moments I keep to myself and treasure. Holding onto those makes rough times bearable, tantrums just a phase and make spilled milk something really not worth crying about.

The mega plus in all of this is my ultra-handsome husband who knows gas station nachos makes everything A-OK! ;)

xoxoxo

Mrs Lee

PS
!!!STORY...OF...MY...LIFE!!







No comments:

Post a Comment